This vegan chickpea sandwich is a tasty, healthy and protein rich snack. Extremely easy to prepare, this is a recipe we highly recommend for meal prep. Make the delicious and healthy filling and store it. And keep making sandwiches as you go. This vegan chickpea sandwich is a true winner for a refreshing, crunchy and quick mid day meal or a make-ahead brunch option.
Here’s the recipe.
2 cups boiled chickpeas
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp lime juice
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Vegan bread slices, toasted
- Roughly mash the boiled chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add the garlic and vegetables. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Add the lime juice and olive oil. Give it all a good mix. This is the filling that can also be enjoyed as a salad.
- Toast two slices of bread per sandwich. Add a layer of mustard sauce, followed by lettuce and a generous helping of the filling. Add more lettuce on top and cover with another slice of toasted bread.
- Cut into half or enjoy as it is.